Join as a Co-operative Member
Join The Milk Bar as a co-operative member
The Milk Bar is a small events and meeting space in Old Market Bristol. During weekdays it runs as desk space for creatives/freelancers. Alongside this it is a flexible space in which we have put on many different events – from live art performances, mother and baby groups, children’s film making workshops, and most recently a hub for Circus City Festival, including a bar and help desk for cryptocurrency Dash.
Created last year, the space is currently run by a small group of 5 people. We are artists, a musician, a performer and a computer programmer. We are now looking for people to join this group and contribute to the running of an artist led space.
We have a commercial lease and each month we raise the rent through various ways. This is mostly through desk space hires but also sometimes through events. Anything we don’t make is split between the core group running the space. Sometimes this means it is free, sometimes it will be up to £60 per month. It is dependent on how much work the group is able to put in each month.
Who this would be good for:
– Artists, graphic designers, people with small businesses, performers, actors, activists.
– People looking for a space to work with the potential to run small events, talks or meetings as part of their work.
– Anyone who is looking to be part of a social working space with a little more involvement.
What we are looking for:
-People who are creative, practical, reliable and decisive.
– A commitment to be part of the group until August 2018.
What you get:
– Desk space at The Milk Bar
– The opportunity to use the space to run your own events, meetings and more.
If you are interested in joining us as a core member of our group please email the following by 26th November 2017:
– A bit about yourself and what kind of work you do.
– What would you bring to the group?
bristolmilkbar (at) gmail . com
The Milk Bar is currently run by Ed Rapley, Sean Warman, Ella Good, Nicki Kent and Nicholas Crumrine